Operating Room Nurse Manager
We are seeking a full-time Operating Room Nurse Manager. Our nurses possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. This candidate is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect patient care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery unit, preoperative unit, post-anesthesia care unit, sterile processing department and anesthesia services. Outside of patient care, the operating room manager has administrative responsibilities, which include budgeting, supply analysis, quality improvement and staffing. They are thoroughly knowledgeable of current surgery center policies and procedures and ensure that the OR staff remains in compliance.
A minimum 2 years of experience required as an Operating Room Nurse. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to determine appropriate courses of action in complex situations. All nurses must maintain BLS, ACLS preferred.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Safe delivery of Perioperative Care
- Aids in providing and verifies that perioperative personnel provide patient-centered care
- Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, and collaboration skills with members of the team
- Verifies departmental compliance with organizational policies and regulatory accreditation standards
- Acts as patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
- Promotes the vision and values of our organization
- Creates and conveys professionalism throughout all aspects of position
- Evaluates personnel performance and creates strategies for further improvement
- Coordinates, facilitates and manages changes within perioperative services (new employees, credentialing anesthesia, etc.)
- Collects data related to quality or performance improvement
- Provides training, guidance support, and constructive feedback to perioperative personnel
- Schedules and leads OR staff meetings/in-services and coordinates with Clinic manager for VCS meetings
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university is a preferred. This position is ideal for a candidate who is energetic, friendly, and passionate about the beauty industry; must be a quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced work environment. Patient experience is a core tenant of our philosophy and as such, candidates should love delivering quality care.
Job Status: Full Time