Practice Registered Nurse
PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSE
This position is ideal for a candidate who is energetic, friendly, and passionate about the beauty industry; must be a quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced work environment. Patient experience is a core tenant of our philosophy and as such, candidates should love delivering quality care.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery is dedicated to the fine art of achieving beautiful and natural appearing aesthetic results in the safest possible environment and with the greatest attention to personalized care. We believe every patient is unique and requires a personalized plan to achieve their goals. This requires understanding on the part of patient and surgeon, mutual agreement on the goals and personal trust. We believe in the relentless pursuit of perfection and see no substitute for trying to obtain it in all that we do. We want our patients to feel welcome in our office and establish long term relationships. Lastly, we cannot over-emphasize the important nature of the artistic component of cosmetic surgery; it is, above all else, the defining feature of this type of work. We hope to have the opportunity to discuss your particular wishes and goals in the near future.
Competitive compensation based on experience, health insurance, employee discounts of beauty products and complimentary non-surgical services and treatments.
Function as a practice nurse by working in the perioperative area in the mornings, as needed, and in clinic in the afternoons. This RN is responsible for managing clinic appointments (including follow-ups and injectable patients) pre-op appointments, circulating through operating rooms, and post operative observation and care (PACU). Serve as a patient advocate for individuals prior to, during and following anesthesia.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses work area readiness, supplies and equipment readiness for a variety of procedures and appointments.
- Manages patient safety by implementing perioperative policy and procedures. Takes action to correct deficiencies.
- Pleasant personality, able to patiently and thoroughly answer patient questions and ease patient concerns.
- Practice clear and continuous communication with the doctor and staff on all patients everyday.
- Participates in rotational on-call schedule.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The services provided are for clinic operations and outpatient care.
We run 2 operating rooms, simultaneously in the mornings, and 4 clinic rooms in the afternoon.
Full time; Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm Hours need to be flexible depending on needs of the practice.
- Two years experience as an RN
- Current RN license issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is preferred
Education & Training:
- Minimum education requirement: Associate’s degree from accredited school of nursing program.
- Preferred education: Baccalaureate degree from accredited school of nursing program.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills necessary
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately
- Consistently demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and compassionate demeanor
Job Status: Full Time