Registered Nurse, Operating Room
REGISTERED NURSE, OPERATING ROOM
This position is ideal for a candidate who is energetic, friendly, and passionate about the beauty industry; must be a quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced work environment. Patient experience is a core tenant of our philosophy and as such, candidates should love delivering quality care.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery is dedicated to the fine art of achieving beautiful and natural appearing aesthetic results in the safest possible environment and with the greatest attention to personalized care. We believe every patient is unique and requires a personalized plan to achieve their goals. This requires understanding on the part of patient and surgeon, mutual agreement on the goals and personal trust. We believe in the relentless pursuit of perfection and see no substitute for trying to obtain it in all that we do. We want our patients to feel welcome in our office and establish long term relationships. Lastly, we cannot over-emphasize the important nature of the artistic component of cosmetic surgery; it is, above all else, the defining feature of this type of work. We hope to have the opportunity to discuss your particular wishes and goals in the near future.
Competitive compensation based on experience, health insurance, employee discounts of beauty products and complimentary non-surgical services and treatments.
Serve as a patient advocate for individuals prior to, during and following anesthesia. This RN position is responsible for pre-op testing, circulating through operating rooms, post operative observation and care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses Operating Room readiness, table positioning, supplies and supply availability and equipment readiness for a variety of procedures
- Develops the patient’s plan of care and monitors treatment in the operative environment. This includes practice of aseptic technique and maintenance of sterile fields as well as correction of breaks in technique for any of the team members.
- Verifies contact information with family: name, cell number, where they will be waiting i.e. waiting room, plastic, home or work. This will be done prior to taking patient to the OR.
- Manages patient safety by implementing operative policy and procedures including patient identification, site verification, positioning and counting of sponges, instruments and sharps. Takes action to correct deficiencies. • Holds self accountable for safe patient practices and environment.
- Participates in rotational on-call schedule.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The services provided are for outpatient care. The clinical areas include Pre-admission Testing, Day Surgery (Pre-op), OR, and PACU (Phase I Recovery)
We run 2 operating rooms, simultaneously
Full time; Hours: Monday through Friday, 5:30am-2:30pm (1 hour for lunch).
- Two years experience in surgical services
- Current RN licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required and must be maintained throughout employment.
Education & Training:
- Minimum education requirement: Associate’s degree from accredited school of nursing program.
- Preferred education: Baccalaureate degree from accredited school of nursing program.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills necessary
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately
- Consistently demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and compassionate demeanor
Job Status: Full Time