Surgical First Assistant
Seeking a highly skilled and experienced (5 year minimum) Certified Surgical Assistant for a full-time position at our surgery center located in Houston, Texas. Must have direct experience working in the operating room to appropriately anticipate the needs of the Surgeon and team members.
* Background in Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery (VCS) is a large, well-established, well-respected, fast paced, cosmetic plastic surgery practice in the Galleria area of Houston. As one of the premier, luxury plastic surgery practices in the country, this medium-sized, small business with over thirty full- time employees, is in search of a Surgical First Assistant to add to our already amazing team!
At VCS, our focus is providing natural results with cosmetic procedures in the safest possible environment, with superior customer experiences. This is a wonderful opportunity for a person who loves a fast-paced environment and working early morning shifts.
• Manages multiple daily priorities, organizes workflow, and problem-solves with minimal supervision.
• Reviews surgical schedule and checks for updates to determine all needed equipment and supplies are stocked and readily available for procedures.
• Assists in gowning/gloving, prepping patient using aseptic techniques, draping sterile field to expose appropriate operative area(s), positioning and repositioning patients on surgical table and throughout procedure.
• Assists in retraction of tissue, tissue flap elevation and suturing wounds closed, using appropriate instruments and/or technique.
• Assists in the insertion and suturing of drainage systems, insertion/removal of foley urinary bladder catheter, and placing surgical garments on patient, as needed or directed.
• Assists in transport of patient to the recovery area, room turnover, and restocking after completion of procedure.
• Other related duties, as assigned or requested by Dr.Vitenas or Management team.
• Interpersonal: Effective communication skills; oral and written. Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner. Serves as a role model to other staff members. Demonstrates the ability to work well with other employees. Adheres to the work schedule and manages time appropriately.
• Critical Thinking: Ability to handle stress associated with prioritizing multiple tasks. Ability to organize equipment, instruments, and supplies for Dr.Vitenas. Assumes responsibility for competency and takes initiative for professional development and continuing education.
• Knowledge: Working knowledge of operating room procedures, attire, and infection control in a hospital, operating room or ambulatory surgery center environment. Must have ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and has equipment, instrumentation, medical gases and supplies readily available for all procedures.
• Must have a valid Surgical First Assist Certification/License
• Valid BLS certification, required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Certified Surgical Tech, required.
• Minimum 2 years of direct experience working in an operating room as a Certified Surgical First Assistant, required.
• Experience working in plastic surgery, highly preferred.
If you possess the skill set outlined above and are able to work full-time Monday through Friday from 5:30am – 2:30pm, we encourage you to apply for this position! Please send your cover letter, resume, AND an accompanying short paragraph describing why you are well-suited to work in this position and in a plastic surgery office in particular. Any applications without a cover letter, resume or accompanying short paragraph will not be considered.
Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery offers competitive compensation, health insurance, employee discounts on beauty products and complimentary non-surgical services and treatments.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery, our focus in cosmetic surgery is dedicated to the fine art of achieving beautiful and natural appearing aesthetic results in the safest possible environment and with the greatest attention to personalized care. We believe every patient is unique and requires a personalized plan to achieve their goals. This requires understanding on the part of patient and surgeon, mutual agreement on the goals and personal trust. We believe in the relentless pursuit of perfection and see no substitute for trying to obtain it in all that we do. We want our patients to feel welcome in our office and establish long term relationships. Lastly we cannot over emphasize the important nature of the artistic component of cosmetic surgery, it is, above all else the defining feature of this type of work. We hope to have the opportunity to discuss your particular wishes and goals in the near future.
Job Status: Full Time